By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "We enjoyed working with the entire Armstrong team. They really did make our move as easy as possible. We would use your company again and recommend you to our friends and family. Thank you!”
D.R., April 2016
- "The crew was respectful, timely and they went above and beyond! Our driver, Danny, even put my son’s bed together since my husband was not going to be home until two days after. Very much appreciated!”
A.C., April 2016
- "Anita Cronley was my coordinator and she was fantastic! This was the first time I had the privilege of this type of service. It was also the first time I had moved in my life so it was very foreign and unknown to me and my family. Anita took great care of us. She answered every question we had. She kept up with every timeline as well and checked in frequently to see how we were doing and if everything was on schedule. She really made us feel relaxed and erased any concerns about the unknown's tied to this large move. Anita was our rock! And she rocked! I would never move in any other way and Armstrong would be my first call."
N.P., April 2016
- “Armstrong - Jackson worked hard to make sure our move went smoothly. Our move coordinator did an excellent job in making sure I had all the information and updates available to me. The driver and packers went above and beyond our expectations! They were a very well-oiled machine. Thanks to all!”
B.Q., April 2016
- “Our coordinator helped me through this stressful time with professional care, concern, and with a joyful spirit. The driver took great care of us and we did the load and unload in record time. This was our 11th move. I hope we get the same crew next time! It went extremely well!”
J.K., April 2016