Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "We enjoyed working with the entire Armstrong team. They really did make our move as easy as possible. We would use your company again and recommend you to our friends and family. Thank you!”
D.R., April 2016
- "The crew was respectful, timely and they went above and beyond! Our driver, Danny, even put my son’s bed together since my husband was not going to be home until two days after. Very much appreciated!”
A.C., April 2016
- "Anita Cronley was my coordinator and she was fantastic! This was the first time I had the privilege of this type of service. It was also the first time I had moved in my life so it was very foreign and unknown to me and my family. Anita took great care of us. She answered every question we had. She kept up with every timeline as well and checked in frequently to see how we were doing and if everything was on schedule. She really made us feel relaxed and erased any concerns about the unknown's tied to this large move. Anita was our rock! And she rocked! I would never move in any other way and Armstrong would be my first call."
N.P., April 2016
- “Armstrong - Jackson worked hard to make sure our move went smoothly. Our move coordinator did an excellent job in making sure I had all the information and updates available to me. The driver and packers went above and beyond our expectations! They were a very well-oiled machine. Thanks to all!”
B.Q., April 2016
- “Our coordinator helped me through this stressful time with professional care, concern, and with a joyful spirit. The driver took great care of us and we did the load and unload in record time. This was our 11th move. I hope we get the same crew next time! It went extremely well!”
J.K., April 2016